Wednesday 25 May 2011

No poker...though have a few free Senior PGA Golf Selections

I haven't played any poker the past few days, as Monday, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are golf days for me and concentration required in that area for Formbet.

So I will be back to the challenge come tomorrow and hopefully get the show on the road for the poker.

Now I offer my services to the formbet website and select golfers for the US and European tour.  Though now I am going to use my own rating model with the Senior tour and will give you a few selections each week on a Wednesday evening, after all the selections have been made for the Formbet website.

This is the first week that I am giving these selections and hopefully will find a few winners along the way.

The Champions Tour has a 'Major' this weekend in the Senior PGA Championship. Which is aired all weekend on sky sports, so something to watch alongside the Formbet Selections for the European Tour and USPGA.  Please if you haven't give them a go for just a fee of £2.50 for the week, and alongside my selections you will have access to Daves fantastic ratings.  www.formbet.co.uk

Now this weekend Champions tour event is at Valhalla.  I have first rated all the Champions tour players based on many areas of play.  Once I rate these players I look at current form and try and narrow players down a bit.

Looking at the course history is a little trickier with the Champions tour, although I have look at a couple past tournaments at the course and the seniors that have played decent in their younger days.

Finding great value this weekend has been a bit tricky, seems the bookies have a good judge on the event.

So who to plump for?

KENNY PERRY 10/1 bet365 - Has placed here on the PGA tour previously, and on the Champions tour has a top 5.  He is still capable to compete with the younger guys and seems to like Valhalla, so from him or the hot champions tour player Tom Lehman 6/1 I would rather plump for Kenny Perry this weekend.

NICK PRICE 11/1 BET365- Nick has been playing very well on the champions tour this year, already 3 top 5 finishes to his name, and in the past has performed decent at the course.  So again worth a win bet only like Kenny Perry.

MARK BROOKS 66/1 BET365 - Mark won here on the pga tour and that should bring back good memories for him,  for a previous winner at the course 66/1 is crying out value for me and worth a each way selection at the price.

MICHAEL ALLEN 16/1 PADDY POWER - Final selection will be with the form player of the season who has not won yet.  He has place 4 times in the top 5 this season and so just this and rated in the top 5 on my ratings, Allen looks a solid enough bet at 16/1.

Now for a big outsider and has a top 5 to his name this year, is ROBERT THOMPSON 200/1 VARIOUS.  Cracking price based on my ratings and looking at the form aspect for which I rate players on.  Ranked 11th on my overall ratings, and for this reason Thompson looks overpriced in the market.

SENIOR PGA:
WIN SELECTIONS
KENNY PENNY 10/1
NICK PRICE 11/1 
MICHAEL ALLEN 16/1


EACH WAY SELECTIONS
MARK BROOKS 66/1  
ROBERT THOMPSON 200/1

No comments:

Post a Comment